Minions

Monday, August 26, 2013

Back in my scrapbooking days, in the late 90's, punch art was all the rage. I loved it and even had one of my creations published in a magazine. Then the trend faded, as the next product came along. I've noticed lately on Pinterest (I'm addicted now too!) that punch art is making a bit of a come back. I just happen to still have my huge collection of punches, and wanted to play with them. I thought Minions are everywhere and that it would be easy and fun to create one:

I used my old Sizzix tag die for the base, which was fine, except I didn't want the little tag hole. I attacked the die with every tool in the garage, trying to remove that little circle of metal on the die that makes the hole. Just in case any of you think this is a good idea, stop right there! It can't be removed; Sizzix old red dies are indestructible.

I think this card will work well for the Operation Write Home kids card challenge, especially with the pun in the sentiment. I'm planning to make a few more minion cards for my next OWH box.

No comments:

Post a Comment