Transportation challenge

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The mid-week throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home this week is to create a transportation themed card.  That worked out fine forme because I had just pulled out a sheet of Club Scrap designer card stock that I've had forever, thinking it would make great "guy" cards.  I made two, butam just posting my favorite here:
 It doesn't show well in the photo, but the airplane and black lines on the paper are thickly embossed and glossy.  So, all I did was add the ribbon and slide because anything more would have been too much.  Quickest card I ever made!

Then, I finally took some time to play with my new "Got S'Mores?" stamp set.  I tried to tell myself I didn't need it, but it was so cute and I thought many of the sentiments will work great on OWH cards,  so I ordered it.  No buyers remorse here!  Next to the card, I've shown the index sheet for the 4" x 6" set, which is made by Jaded Blossom.

 I had such fun making this card, especially the graham cracker mat.  I used my ScorePal to make the cracker sections, stamped it with tiny dots using versamark ink, then debossed it with my Swiss Dots folder.   Of course coloring the s'more images was fun, too.  I did use a stamp from an old Stampin Up set to make the background print.  Makes me wish I was out camping and making real s'mores!


The last card is one I made a few days ago, using a digital stamp, because I need practice with my Copics.  It took me a while to color, and tested my patience (or lack thereof), but I finally got the strawberry shading to look a little realistic.  I used my favorite Swiss Dot embossing folder on the red mat, to mimic the seeds on the strawberry, and used the Swirls embossing folder on the brown, just because it made me think of thick swirly chocolate.  Do we notice a craving for sweets developing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment