Renaissance teddy bears & a sunflower

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week! It's been one of those busy spells for me when other projects took priority over stamping:
  • my husband had a procedure at the hospital (he's fine!)
  • sewing new insulated drapery panels for two rooms (because we've already hit 108 degrees!)
  • making altered poker chips for my daughter to use as swag for geocaching (what would I do without Ranger Glossy Accents?)
  • preparing for a geocache event trip this coming weekend (in Rachel, NV, population 100, no shopping so remember to pack everything we need.)
 So, I only managed to get four cards done all week.   :o(   They aren't for any particular challenge; just what came to mind.

The first two cards are for a hero to send home to his little princess.  I thought it would be good for younger girls and doesn't have to be a birthday.


I decided to try making a sunflower to use with some printed paper I have.  I punched, snipped, curled, sponged and layered until I thought it was done, then glued some tiny brown seed beads in the center.  The flower is great, but something is "off" with the design in general.  Anyone have any re-do suggestions?


This last one is a "love" card, because love isn't just for valentines or anniversaries.  Cream, black and red is an elegant color combination.  I stamped the collage with die ink, the stamped the love words with pigment ink and metallic red embossing powder.  Now this card, I think is perfect just the way it is!


That's all for today... I won't have time for cardmaking until I get back next week, if I don't get eaten by any nasty desert creatures while in the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment