Patriotic Cards

Monday, May 6, 2013

It's a beautiful morning here in the Southern Nevada desert.  I'm catching up here while having coffee and planning my day.  After I run a few errands, I should be able to spend the afternoon cardmaking.

Don't you just love crockpots?  When I plan a whole day of cardmaking, I throw a meal into the crock pot and don't have to waste valuable crafting time in the kitchen.  My husband still gets his dinner and I get a play day.  Win-win!

Here are a couple more patriotic cards I made yesterday.  I didn't have any suitable sentiment stamps in my stash, so I ended up using WordArt and fonts to create them in Microsoft Word.  Is ink still ink when it comes from a printer jet instead of a stamp pad?


For the card on the left, I used the masking technique to superimpose the Statue of Liberty over the Flag.  Masking is a great way to combine two or more stamps to create a new image.  In this case, I stamped the Statue on the white card, then again on plain paper ( post it notes work great, too). Cut out the paper image, fussy cutting as close as possible.  Lay the paper mask over the cardstock image.  Ink up the flag stamp, and being careful not to move the mask, stamp the flag right over the statue.  Remove the mask and the image above is the result.  

The second card is pretty basic.  It took me two tries to get the eagle and flag image stamped to my satisfaction.  I've noticed an ongoing problem with clear stamps not inking evenly, which then gives the stamped image a mottled effect.  This isn't always the look I'm going for.  I've tried cleaning stamps before first use; it didn't help.  Anyone else found a solution to this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment