OSW - One Sheet Wonder cards

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yesterday, Operation Write Home featured a tutorial for "one sheet wonder" cards.  This technique takes one sheet of printed or designer paper, then cuts it into pieces which are then used to make multiple cards by adding mats, stamped images or embellishments.

The template, along with sample cards, was provided by Seonsook Duncan on her blog "Seongsook's Creations".  Her cards are beautiful and provided inspiration and a challenge for me.  I haven't made OSWs in years and had forgotten they even existed!  My box for Operation Write Home was looking a little skimpy so far this month, so this was a great way to help fill the box.

I used a sheet of double sided paper from the "Samantha Walker" collection by Creative Imaginations.  This paper had been in my stash for over a year, purchased because I wanted to make cowgirl cards.  So, finally it happened yesterday and today.

Most of the stamped images and sentiments are from the "Rodeo Sweethearts" set from T J Designs Rubber Stamps.  The paper tape with the horseshoes is from K & Company.  The cowgirl boots are Jolee's.  Everything else is stuff from my stash.

A word of caution:  If you are using paper with words or phrases, as I did, look at how the pieces are to be used before cutting.  In my case the four pieces with the diagonal cuts couldn't be used with one piece flipped to the contrast print on the reverse side of the paper.  But, I made do with what I got and still made my eight cards.

With no further ado, here are my OSW cards for OWH:



5 comments:

  1. Oh wow... you made a collection of awesome cards! Thanks for taking the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorway - pink and brown are fab together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! Great use of designer papers. I don't know about you but I'm on the look out for more One Sheet Wonder templates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it fun making 8 cards out of one 12x12 patterned paper??? I like your color combination. Pink and Brown is a pretty mix. In fact, almost every color goes with brown ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous, and I know there are cowgirls out there that are going to LOVE these cards when they get them from their loved one overseas. You have me chompin' at the bit (I crack myself up) to get going on some OSW cards myself! TFS

    ReplyDelete