OWH Sketch #168

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today, I made a couple cards using Operation Write Home Sketch #168.  I like the idea of using up some scraps of printed paper.  Since I had scraps all over my messy work table already, I just went ahead and used some of them:




The second card didn't quite follow the sketch measurements because that tiny scrap of striped paper was all I had left.  It still worked just fine.  In fact I like this one better than the first one, probably because I like the bright colors.


I guess the colors got me going, because it doesn't get much brighter in colors than this last card!  This elephant is adorable and lends itself well to embellishments.  I used lots of jewels and Ranger Glossy Accents.  I really, really wanted to add more sparkle.  I know that glitter is a no-no on OWH cards, but I'm not sure about Stickles.  There was some discussion on OWH about Stickles, but I don't know what the final decision was.

I just finished cleaning my craft room, really cleaning.  I figured hubby doesn't really want to look at a mess the whole time I'm gone.  It looks great, but I'll probably never find things again!  I will have serious stamping withdrawl for the next two weeks.  I did manage to get my whole box of OWH cards for the month finished in two weeks, so I'm good until I get back.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, you used great colors in these! The colors really do "pop" more in the second one, but they are both great. I *so* need to clean my craft table...I just can't get in the mood to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both sketch challenge cards, like the second best too, nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I agree, the bolder colors of the second card are more striking. Nice job filling your box in only 2 weeks! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in your cards and the elephant is striking! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic group of cards. Love the colors in all of them. The embossed backgrounds in the sketch cards is a great idea and adds texture. The elephant, in all his finery, is adorable. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two awesome sketch cards! The variation on the second is wonderful, seeing your card lets me know that I can try that too! The elephant is adorable and I love the added embellishments. There's nothing like gems and Glossy Accents! I know that Sandy said if the Stickles can be rubbed off, then don't use them. I just wait till they dry and then put a bit of Gloss Accents over top and then, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the cards you made using this week's sketch. And the 2nd one is a good "take-off" on the original design. That elephant is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your cards- great papers and I love the texture of the embossing! And the elephant is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossing on the sketch cards...nice colors!

    ReplyDelete