Two cards using neglected images from my stash

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I woke up early this morning and did the OWH Spring Training blog hop.  It's the first one I've ever participated in.  I learned some new techniques and came away with lots of ideas.  But last night, I ran across several cards that I had started, then put aside for one reason or another.  I told myself that I was going to finish them before I started one more card.

This first card came about when I decided to try copic coloring on a digital image.  Then I die cut the shadowed letters using Quickutz dies.  That was as far as my vision went at the time.  Last night, I played around with different colors and layout, and got it finished.


This card was finished, all but the sentiment.  Since I didn't have a stamp with a fitting sentiment (shocking, but true), I printed one on the computer.  It was just a shame that after all the coloring, fussy cutting pieces for dimension and Flower Soft accents, it sat there neglected.  Now I'm sure one of our military heroes will forward it to a good home with a loved one.


This last card was an attack of late evening crafting silliness!  My daughter had done several Disney themed scrapbook pages and had leftovers of the printed paper.  I cut it up into squares, thinking about inchies, then put them aside.  Last night, I suddenly remembered a Stampin Up set with this sentiment, which I thought went well with the Goofy character inchies.  Just my kind of "goofy" humor!  I wonder how many folks remember Ward Cleaver?



No comments:

Post a Comment