Vintage collage card for Dad

Monday, April 8, 2013

I love vintage style and love collages.  Collages are very hard for me to do, because of my OCD personality, which  says:  Everything on a card must be precisely aligned with coordinating colors, and collages aren't precise about anything.  Well, this morning I pulled out stamps from Club Scrap, Stampin Up's "Office Ephemera" and "Papa's Pocket", Tom Holtz "The Journey", a BoBunny flower and an unknown typewriter key font stamp set.  Then I just started adding stuff.

After I had stamped the vintage car, I remembered that I had a matching Tim Holtz embossing folder.  No way that folder works if you stamp the car right side up at the bottom of the card.  So, I cut the embossing folder in two at the fold.  Yikes, horror, wanton destruction!  Once I placed the embossing folder over the stamped image and lined up both pieces of the folder, I used a piece of tape to hold the alignment and ran it through my Big Shot.  It worked!  Now there's really cool texture on the car.

I decided not to add a bunch of bulky metal doodads, too bulky.  I did use dimensionals to pop up the typewriter keys to keep it from being too flat.


Now into the OWH box it goes!  Any of you collage experts who have suggestions or advice, please feel free to leave me a comment.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment