Steampunk masculine cards

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April everyone! After a short card making break, it's time for me to get busy again.
First card, I'm playing along with OWH Sketch Challenge #166. I pulled out my steampunk stuff and came up with a card for Dad. The ferris wheel is a Club Scrap stamp, and it finally got inked for the first time. None of my alphabet stamps felt right for "Dad", so I found my old Quickutz dies and cut out of very shiny black specialty card stock. The OWH sketch made it easy to get back into card making mode!

Another card using Sketch #166, and I've still got the steampunk stash out! Embossed black card base using folder bythe Paper Studio. DPP is from Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection. Locomotive is from Stampin Up "All Aboard" set. Gears are from HOTP Dazzles Steampunk Stickers collection. Sentiment made using Dymo label maker. Easy! I really like this sketch!

The next card is an any occasion card, with a "time" theme. I CASE'd the watch idea, but don't know who to give credit to. :o( I'll see a card while browsing, and days, weeks or months later, I'll be inspired to use some element from it, and by then I have no idea where I first saw it. Anyway, I have several stamp sets with clocks and watches, a couple of embossing folders, and various clock and gears cutting dies. At last, a use for the reptile textured paper I've had forever. Even the old Dymo label maker came out of hiding! This card took a while, because of my usual design slowness, but I'm finally satisfied with it.

2 comments:

  1. Great papers and color combos! Tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderfully masculine cards Joan. I really like your take on this week's sketch and the gears you used are too cute. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete