OWH Challenge - Tags and Twine

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

 Midweek throwdown challenge on Operation Write Home's blog today!  This week it's Tags and Twine; Make a card that uses both.  After playing with the arrangement, I ended up with this card.  The background, sentiment and tape measure are all Club Scrap stamps from way back in 2004.  The yellow paper came with the stitching already on it, which was a good thing, because I hate dragging the sewing machine out of the closet where it lives.


My rule usually says that if I drag out everything I own for a particular card or theme, that I might as well make one or more cards before I put it all away.  So today's theme obviously is sewing!


The image is from Viva Las Vegas Art Stamps and the sentiment is Stampin Up.  I pierced and hand stitched the border along the two edges.  I was going to do daisy chain stitch, but couldn't remember how; it's been a long time since I did any embroidery.

5 comments:

  1. These cards are sew great :) Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, I agree, if I have to "drag" alot of stuff out, I make several cards too! Thanks for playing along and showing your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow with the black.grays- nice combo! Love the pop of red in the top card! And I am impressed that you used your stash ----and even more impressed with hand stiching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out great! I'm partial to the yellow and black color combination and that stitched on paper is neat.

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "sewing" themed cards! Beautiful stiching -- I haven't got the patience or eyes to thread the needle! That sentiment on the first card is really nice!

    ReplyDelete