Saturday, February 16, 2013

Challenge #3 for the Operation Write Home VCMP - Texture Omit/Selective Embossing. My thanks to hostess, Beth L., for her clear explanation of how this technique works. I had tried it once a long time ago, but for whatever reason, it just didn't work. This time I got the hang of it! I made my template for the oval and embossed white cardstock per Beth's instructions. I cut an oval the same size from copier paper and used it to mask the non-embossed oval while I sponged Mellow Moss ink on the embossed portion. Then I used the other part of the copier paper to mask the embossed area while I stamped the flowers with So Saffron ink. The sentiment was stamped with Mellow Moss, and I attached brads of the same color for accent and balance. The embossed piece was then double matted on So Saffron and Mellow Moss cardstock and attached to standard A2 white card base.



For some reason, this card wouldn't scan well. It's prettier IRL, with very soft colors.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty with the flowers and sponged part. I'm glad the technique worked for you this time. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete