Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013

I took a couple days off crafting to go on a little geocaching trip with my daughter. We got home yesterday and after three days of hiking, fresh air and sunshine, I'm back in my stamping room. Here are two of the cards I made today:



The cute spotted dog is my "warm up" card today. Combining a dog and my favorite color combo, this was a quick and easy card, but I'm very happy with it. The dog was stamped with pigment ink, heat embossed, another layer of embossing powder added, then heated again, so the finished dog has kind of a textured look. I added Ranger glossy accent to his nose, so he as a shiny, wet, dog nose!

For the second card, I like the bulldog, but aren't too crazy about the wavy sentiment shape. But, that's me; everything should be nicely geometrical - not! Bulldog is stamped, then I stamped him a second time on a scrap, cut out part of his face and overlaid it on original image using dimensionals. The tag on his collar is a shiny copper brad (doesn't show up well in photo.) A little shading for depth, triple mounted and he was done.

2 comments:

  1. What cute doggies! I LOVE the touch of that brad for his collar tag! What a cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!

    Thanks for playing along with my part of OWH VCMP.

    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete