Monday, February 18, 2013

Well, the virtual cardmaking party was over all too soon! Today found me finishing up a couple of the challenges that I didn't finish yesterday. When I saw challenge number nine, I thought it would be so easy...not! I kept mixing and trying different ivory and white combos, until I got brain freeze and quit for the day. This morning, I looked at my card again and decided it needed just a little cheat to finish. At first the embossed flowers were plain ivory, but they didn't look quite right. So I sponged a little caramel (same color as sentiment) on them and now I can live with it. It's ivory A2 card, white cardstock with overlay of vellum on bottom third of card. Sentiment is stamped on vellum with caramel. White cardstock embossed with dotted swiss and edged with ivory punched lace, with white sheer ribbon and bow along bottom edge. Ivory embossed roses adhered at top. As Sharon said when she posted the challenge, getting the cards to show well on photos was difficult, so it's hard to see all the layers on mine, too.



So, yesterday I didn't own a bit of washi tape. This morning while running errands, I gave in and got two rolls so I could try it. There wasn't a big selection (at Walmart) and I ended up with teal and gray. When I got home, I immediately started playing with it and I am so happy with my card and its unusual color combo. I decided to count it for two challenges: the washi tape and the non-glitter sparkle challenges.



First, I cut an A2 card base of textured gray cardstock from Bazzill. Then, I cut a strip of light turquoise 2" by 5.25" and a strip of the same gray 2.25" by 5.25". I stamped random dragonflies with versamark ink on turquoise strip. Next, I attached three strips of washi tap over gray strip. Attached a shiny silver little dragonfly brad, then mounted both strips to gray card base. Sentiment stamped with teal ink on white, matted on teal, then attached over turquoise. A white flower layered over a teal flower with a sparkly jewel brad completes this card.

3 comments:

  1. Joan -- Both of your cards are beautiful. I know how those brain freezes go - I am working on #10 - hope to finish today.

    I like the placement of your vellum - the polka dot embossing works well with your embossed flowers. Your little "cheat" does add some dimension.
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge.

    The Washi tape card is pretty -- I really like the color combination. Your little dragonfly brad adds a nice sparkle.

    Thanks,

    Sharon S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, what a wonderful surprise! Your card is lovely and I would have never paired those two colors together. I love the embellishments you added. So glad that you joined us. Thanks for playing along with my washi tape challenge. Good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards. Of course, I'm partial to the one for my challenge. What a great idea to combine challenges. I love the colors and the eyelet. Thanks for joining the VCMP 'Glitz and Glam' challenge.

    ReplyDelete